How do you feel about destroying what must be destroyed in your life?
I feel like it’s destroying part of me. Surely everything in my life is there for a reason. Otherwise, I would be smart and destroy it, right? Wrong. This got me thinking. I have things to destroy. So what do I need to destroy?
- My addiction to work being my “value”.
- My apparent inability to be happy with who I am.
- My relationship with F. (More to come in a following post.)
- My incessant need for absolute financial security, which is tying me to a job that I’m not sure I want.
- My inability to let go of things.
- My procrastination. (Tips, anyone?)
- My time-wasting activities.
To start with, this is a small general list. It needs refinement and explicitness. I am working on it.
Danielle says that in order to create, we must first destroy some things. I agree to a certain level – and I deeply desire creation in my life right now. Ergo, I must destroy.
But first, to round up the voices in my mind that are scared of destruction. Time to go.
Inspired by Danielle Laporte and her post on Your relationship to destruction, Goddess Kali, and Fridays with desire. #DesireMap